One day left. One more day and I am DONE with fall semester. Wish I could say I would be done with math, but I have one more class next semester. At least it will be with one of my fave professors at ASU, but still...it's math. Sorry Tess, I have yet to embrace a love of numbers - or the stupid letters you math people feel are necessary to throw in there - but I am trying. I am preparing myself for the worst though. I'm pretty sure a "B" is waiting to be posted to my transcript. First B in my graduate career. NOT HAPPY. But, with horror stories of some just praying to pass this man's class, it could be worse. But B's are pretty bad. Eff'er is gonna mess up my 4.0. Won't know until next week, but like I said, I'm preparing.
We got a date. No, not a date night. Not a date planned for a romantical getaway. Jamie got THE date. The one little day on the calendar that means "it" is coming. It being the day he leaves. Bleh. Positives about his departure: most everyone has nothing but great things to say about their time in Korea so hopefully it will be the same for him, I'm hoping to visit and FINALLY see a world outside of the U.S., coming up with random things to send to him. It's not a deployment so I will have to get crafty seeing as though he will have access to anything he wants. No baby wipes or snacks needed in these packages!
Little Dog arrived in the mail yesterday. Another moment I wish I had recorded. Jax (or should I say Mom) had left Little Dog behind on his last trip to Nana and Papaw's house. Papaw sent pictures so Jax could see he was being taken care of and was even getting to sleep in their bed! For those that don't know...Little Dog is a pillow pet that my son maimed. He pulled out all the stuffing in the body and only left the head full. Of course we got him another one - but there is no replacing an original. The second Pillow Pet is simply referred to as "Big Dog." We opened the package and he yelled, "Whittle Dog!!! I miss him!!!!" Scooped him up and hugged him for the rest of the night.
Sent out Christmas cards yesterday. Seeing as though our WHOLE family isn't together very often, I obviously couldn't send one out with Me, Jamie, and Eden with Jax off to the side, or vice versa with Eden. So, when you open your mailbox and see what I came up with, I hereby give you permission to chuckle. You work with what you're given! I also sent a little more than just one card to my MIL. She's gonna get so mad at me lol. I love it!! Can't wait for that phone call.
For those who have been commenting on my FB page, I will publicly leave it at this. I am not pregnant lol. Think that's what you were all digging for, but that's not it. Just got some good news that made me happy and hopeful. I was also in a rather "I loathe you for doing this to our son" mood yesterday. It happens. Not often because I know we have such a happy home, but it does happen. Jax is awesome. Simple as that. Who wouldn't want to see him and play with him and get to know him?! I can't speak for his dad, but his actions show that he is not one that falls in that group. I don't understand it. Trying to is like beating my head against the wall. Words mean nothing. Especially to a 2 year old. Text messages? Pointless. I've never cared about child support, using money against him, or any of the other dramatic strings parents pull against the other...I simply asked for him to be there for Jax. Be there enough for him to know you and be able to pick you out of a picture. Neither have been successful. My (our) fear is that he will pop in and out enough just to confuse and/or hurt Jaxon. Which makes me sick to my stomach. I'm learning that I grew up in a Mayberry bubble so I will never know the pain my son may feel. I'm still hoping that he will never experience it. People can change...or so I've been told.
I must now get back to math. Lovely, beautiful math. Ugh.
Happy Wednesday! Today marks an important event in history. Can anyone answer without Googling it???
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


Pearl Harbor...and no I DID NOT use google.
ReplyDelete