AAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is it that Christmas must turn into such a materialistic, stuff-filled time of year?! I hold tight to the "spirit" of Christmas, the magic that "should" fill the air. But no, all the money hungry, buy-this, buy-that, this isn't enough people in the world - including some in my own flippin' family - make my blood boil!!!!!!!! Instead of ranting about one kid having more than another, why aren't you just thankful that anyone is getting anything in the first place?! Look around! Our economy is shit, people are out of work (INCLUDING YOU!), some are just hoping to have enough to fill a damn stocking on Christmas morning, and you continue to send out emails TELLING people what to buy, that they need to buy more, that you are feeling left out. GET OFF YOUR DAMN HIGH HORSE!!!!!!!!!!! Quit going out every night and spending all your money on alcohol, quit maxing out your credit cards on shit for yourself if your kids...WHO HAVE EVERYTHING...need/want something for Christmas, and stop being a stuck up, self-righteous, spoiled brat!!!!
I really try to live by the "to each his own" mantra and not get upset about things in which I have no control. But, this topic just seems to piss me off more and more with each passing year. You know what?! Why don't you sit and think about how important Ralph Lauren shit REALLY is compared to the fact that if it weren't for your extended family, your kids wouldn't be getting shit on Christmas in the first place!! I'm tired of egos and attitudes ruining every big thing that comes around. You are NOT the center of the world. None of us are. Be thankful. Be grateful. Be something other than greedy and manipulative.
This is why I hate "stuff." This is why I would ALWAYS choose to have less shit and more meaningful things, memories, moments that will last in my heart forever. You may define yourself by the labels you wear but can't afford, the car you drive but are about to lose, the two faces you cover up...but I don't. I don't care if something comes from Nordstrom or Goodwill...if it's a gift...BE THANKFUL!!
So, I ask this, what's more important? Materialistic THINGS that will either get lost, sold, or bored over in about 2 months time? Or simply being able to gather with friends and family that are still with us, eat a huge meal that many can't even say that they will get? Did you read that last part?? There are people who won't get to EAT on Christmas and you continue to bitch about things on a spoiled child's list of demands. Yes, most children these days are spoiled. Entitled. Demanding things and you know what? They learned to be that way from people like you. Be careful what you do and say in front of your children because they may not remember the "lessons" you think you tried to teach them, but they are EXCELLENT mimics to YOUR behaviors.
Rant over. Too pissed off to write anymore...
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


Haha. If you had a problem with me you could've said something to my face!! ;) preach it sista!!
ReplyDelete