Okay, so we can all gather that Ali was a little heated today. Now that the smoke has cleared and my brain has stopped bubbling out of my ears, let me try to convey my main point. Perspective. We really should try to keep it at all times, but since Christmas is five days away, I will just ask for some Christmas perspective. A lofty wish, I know, but again...my blog, my words.
While name brands and high priced items may be a priority to some, they are not to me. When I vent, I'm sure I give off a scent of judgmental bitch...it's okay to say it. I welcome constructive criticism lol. However (fancy way of saying "but"), I'm not trying to judge. Not my place. I am able to have my own opinions and thoughts about anything. Just as everyone else is as well. If you have a blog, FB, journal, or a phone tree, feel free to blow it up however you see fit. I actually recommend it as it is wonderful therapy. So, bottom line, stuff is not important to me. Nor do I want it to consume Jaxon when he gets older.
I know, without a doubt, that I was a sheltered, spoiled, and very taken care of child. Much to my dismay as an adult, I learned that my parents went WAY beyond what they should have done to give me, Ash, and Justin all the things we had. Can't really fault them, I will most likely do the same with Jax. But it was within the means they set for themselves. They did not demand others to provide for us. They did not expect things to appear out of thin air at our every whim. And you better believe if we stepped out of line, we were called back in REAL quick. But I digress.
Christmas perspective. My Christmas wishes? That my friend Ashley didn't have to say a prayer to talk to her sweet Mason. That my Grandmommy could hold Grandaddy for just one more day. That my brother (from another mother) Doug didn't have to go through what he did - or say the good byes that he had to say. That my husband wouldn't be going away for a year. That my pathology reports will forever be clear. That Jaxon will never know the pain I pray to shield him from. That my sister feel comforted when the sad moments arise. I wish that my parents knew how amazing they are and what wonderful examples they set for me - even when I don't show it. I wish that young girls weren't hit with so much stupid negativity and pressure to look and act certain ways so Eden could just be Eden...and be happy about it.
I could literally go on and on and on and on. But I hope you get the point. What really matters to you? Why does it matter? Is it really THAT important? When I went to see Doug and Michelle about a month ago, I got a heavy dose of perspective and I will always hold that close to me. Can never really say "thank you" enough to him for opening my eyes to it. Again, not gonna lie and say I'm not guilty of petty crap, complaining over pointless things, or any other menial behavior, but hopefully, if I keep his words in my mind, I can at least reel myself back in quicker than before. Want perspective? Check to see if you have all of your limbs. Look to see if your family is getting to spend the holidays together. Put your hand to your chest - is your heart beating? Well, if you answered in the affirmative on all of the above, you are a hell of a lot better off than you could be.
Get my point now?
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment