Friday, November 25, 2011

She Can Go North!

Yep, I've been in Michigan this whole week and, much to my surprise, haven't been barricaded under mounds of electric blankets. Granted, everyone here is saying it's "unseasonably warm" with the daily temps in the 50's, but I don't care...I still made it in Michigan lol. Here's my blurbs...

I miss my child more than I ever thought possible. This is the longest and farthest we have ever been apart from each other. I know he's living it up at Nana and Papaw's and loving seeing Kaylee so much, but I can't wait to scoop up that little ginger and suck on his face.

Michigan left. What the crap is up with making simple left turns?! Nope. You have to go right...to go left. It's crazy. U-turn places everywhere. That was more near Detroit, but still, cracked me up.

I'm in uber tourist mode. Everything warrants a picture.

I knew this before, but now I'm certain that I hit the MIL jackpot. She treats me like her own daughter...maybe better, sorry Stace lol...and being so far away from my own mom, it's nice to know that I now have an awesome 2nd one.

Germans. The MIL has one. And he cracks me up. I think a life time spent with my dad's "humor" has prepped me for meeting the FIL. Dry, slap-stick, straight-faced jokes that leave you wondering if you got lost in translation somewhere has kept me laughing the whole time.

Hunting. I've never been. Until now. Poor hubs is chomping at the bit to kill something, but has yet to do so. I've made two trips up to the tree stand with him...decked out in camo gear that makes everyone laugh at me. I have to be super quiet or get the stink eye from Jamie, but it's been nice just hanging (literally) out in a tree for hours with him.

Grandfathers. Not gonna lie, yesterday was REALLY hard. I don't think we were there for 10 minutes before I had to go to the basement and cry. Watching Jamie and his Grandpa laughing, playing pool, looking at pictures of old fishing trips, feeding ducks, and seeing an old man in dress pants and suspenders just made me ache for Grandaddy even more. My family spent the first Thanksgiving without him yesterday. All I want to do is hold Grandmommy (even though she's the toughest out of us all) and hear her tell stories of all the things they did together. I know he is finally at peace, with no cancer, no pain...but I still miss him so much it hurts.

Football. Tomorrow's the big day!! Hubs and I are going to the Ohio State/Michigan game. I'm pretty stoked...more for him, but I love college ball so it doesn't really matter. He's never been to a game in the Big House and Michigan actually has a chance to beat OSU this year. God help us if they don't.

I'm really glad we were able to come up here. Jamie has been gone for so long and sharing all of this with him and Eden has been so nice. I've missed the sah-daughter like crazy and finally having her around again makes me sad that the trip is almost over. Bittersweet and conflicting feelings, I'd guess you'd say. Can't wait to get back to my baby, but hate that it also means saying "good bye" to another one. At least Christmas is right around the corner.

Guess that will do it for this morning's post. Still waiting to hear a gun shot...nothing yet lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment