First of all, don't make my post title dirty. Even though I thought about too, no need for you to add fuel to my fire.
So, as most of you know, I am in Michigan. Yes, I actually made it north of Tennessee and didn't self-combust. I *think* the drive here went through some pretty nice scenery...definitely some elevation changes as made obvious by my and Eden's strange faces when popping our ears...but we drove through the night and didn't see anything. I thought the drive to Texas was bad. Well, now that drive has a friend. I lost my butt somewhere in the Carolina's and tapped out at the Ohio state line. But, I was pretty proud that I drove so far!
It was SOOOOO good to see my 2nd mom again!! We haven't seen her since the wedding. I never like comparing past to present, but even when it comes to MIL's...I hit the jackpot. She loves me (or at least I like to think she does lol) and my ginger baby just as if we were here from the start. And I have never once felt uncomfortable around her. Never. She makes me laugh and feel right at home. It's a nice feeling when I'm so far away from my own family. And! And! I finally got to meet the "Angry German"...well, turns out he's not angry AT ALL, but very much German lol. I like hearing him talk and I'm pretty sure I've just met the calmest man in the world. Seriously, at your most calm and non-stress moment...he still wins lol.
Last night, the Bennett Bunch got bored and found my camera. A handful of pics were posted on FB last night. God I've missed Eden. I love seeing her and Jamie together. Definitely two peas in a pod with them. Today, we are going to Port Huron and Yale to visit the hubs' old stomping grounds. Mama Michigan already said he will probably be disappointed with how it's changed, but I think that's the same for all of us. Especially when we go back to a place we haven't been in decades. Always looks different. I get to meet Jamie's dad...and brother if we can get him to come around Jamie!! Apparently the torture went well beyond what Jamie admitted too. Can't blame Scotty...I'd probably stay away from him too.
Going to go find a post office here soon. Have a very important package to mail to a VERY important ginger in Dacula. My heart hurts for my little bear. I know he's having a blast with everyone and even got to go on a sleepover with Aunt Linds and Wyatt, but my God, I have never missed anyone or anything like I've missed my child. And we are only on day 2 of our trip. Thank goodness for Skype! We got to see that precious face last night.
Happy Monday, peoples! Here's to a short week for most, lots of turkey and football, and the one thing I will NOT participate in...Black Friday. Sorry, mom. NEVER AGAIN!!
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


Love your blog posts...best writer in the family! Love and miss u!
ReplyDeleteHowdy from the south, grandmommy :-)
ReplyDelete