Friday, March 23, 2012

Finally on the descent...

The load is lifting. I'm finally in the home stretch. Just one more month and I will be done. Done with practicum, done with classes, and getting ready to get this piece of paper I have been chasing for entirely too long. What comes afterward, I have no idea lol. Spend A LOT of time just playing with Jax and enjoying this stage in his life, that's for certain. Can not believe our little guy is going to be 3!! He's quite excited about it. Try telling him your birthday comes first (as in the case with Jamie), and he will quickly correct you and say that his is next. Cute actually.

I have fallen in love with my babies at school and will miss them terribly. They are adorable and are always so sweet. The Monday after Jamie left, I came back to a desk full of cards they had made for me. Hugs every morning. Great big smiles all day long. Reminds my why I never had a choice in my calling. My heart plays amidst the young. Watching kids learn and figure things out and turn into little people is fascinating and teaches me so much. What's so bizarre is that it feels like I was in their shoes just a moment ago. I can remember my teachers, my friends, how I felt moving schools, meeting new people, trying so hard. Weird being on the other side. Makes me miss my time at Simonton too.

My first wave of shipments finally made it to Korea. Jamie kept complaining of his bed and mattress and burlap-style sheets. What kind of wife would I be if I wasn't concerned with my hub's comfort and finding a way to fix a bad situation?! Poor guy had one cup, one bowl, and was making spaghetti out of one electric skillet. I sent sheets, a comforter, mattress topper, plates, bowls, glasses, utensils, pots, pans, random kitchen stuff, towels, and other junk. Made me feel good. Made me feel any better when I got home to his "Good Morning" call and saw him smile and look so rested because he had a comfy night's sleep.

Lil Man is at the grandparents' this weekend so this Mama is heading to bed way early and not setting an alarm. Richmond County is having their job fair tomorrow, so hopefully - fingers crossed - there won't be a huge "Nevermind, we don't have any jobs afterall" sign posted in front of the school. Education system is really in a bind and it's actually pretty sad when you think about it. I, for one, always saw teaching as a recession-proof career. I mean who, in their right mind, would cut funding and jobs for teaching the children in this country. Well...apparently this country does. Just keep swimming, right?? No other choice.

Hope everyone had a great week and has an even better weekend. It's almost Spring Break!!!

Nighty-night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment