Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Other Side of Me...

The one I like is the one that I want others to see. The one I like is the one I hope to truly become. But, the other side of me...the one that holds the skeletons, the truth, the past...is not very pretty. I have made my fair share of mistakes. Maybe even took some of yours along the way. I ran from things that scared me, hurt people who were way too good for me, burned bridges that I still wish I could go back and rebuild, and the list continues.

People have come into my life - that are no longer a part of it - that I hurt. Hurt badly. Not intentionally, but still, they were hurt nonetheless. Does my intent make it any less painful? Does my regret make the scar go away? I can rationalize my actions all day long, but the end result doesn't change. The mistakes, the pain, the regret, the time lost still remain.

I'm not sure where I am trying to go with this. Maybe, hoping, somewhere out there, those that I have hurt can hear my words. Hear my apology. Hear my prayers for nothing but happiness and amazing things to come their way. The other side of me has an ugly past. And I am so sorry that I ever hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment