Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Been A While...

Okay, so I totally snagged the title of this post from a song, but whatever. It applies. Now I have it stuck in my head. Lovely. Anywho, time to play catch up for those of you readers who don't FB stalk me. And by stalk, I don't mean that in a bad way...there are plenty of you that get stalked by me. You should feel honored lol.

Soooo, I'm finally back in the land of the gainfully employed! Subbing just wasn't dependable and while I will admit I have lazy days where all I want to do is sleep and watch old John Hughes movies, I need to be doing something productive. Back in insurance no less. Say what you want, but you can't deny it's a recession/depression proof industry ha! Ya gotta have it. Still working on my school stuff and will finally have another piece of paper to frame and hang on the wall next May. Not like it's the best time to find a teaching job anyways, so I'll stick with the people who are getting my license back for me. I really like the office and the people seem to be nice. I can't say too much...it's only been a week, but I think first impressions are important and they are all cool.

The hubs is set to be gutted on Tuesday. He's having back surgery. But get this...they are going through his stomach! I've never heard of that! Neat thing is that we will have matching c-section scars :) I'm thinking the "zipper" tattoo is not too far away. He will be in the hospital for 3-4 days and my mom is coming down to help out with the kids so I can be with him. If I don't brag about her enough, my mom is the shizz. And while I'm there with the hubs, I get to make a stop by the Interventional Radiologist's office. Yeah, google what they do. I had to when I heard I had to see one. I swear. Me and the medical field have a seriously dysfunctional relationship. Well, maybe it's just my lady parts that are all jacked up but either way - I end up in stirrups with some random doc checking out all the "that's strange" stuff. Graphic, I know. It's my blog. I can say what I want.

My baby...well, toddler, but I'm hanging onto the term baby for as long as I can...is having his 2nd birthday party on Sunday!! I'm so excited! The weather is supposed to be great and I'm stoked my grandparents - BOTH of them - will be there. It's a Toy Story theme and I can't wait to see Jaxon's face. He is obsessed with Woody and Buzz. Obsessed. Captial O. It's ridiculous. But what's not ridiculous is how great he's been doing since his surgery!! His speech is getting better and no ear tugging or infections in almost a month! Yay! He talks constantly and is getting super great at throwing fits. I'm just thrilled about that last one (insert sarcasm font here)! Add temper and attitude to the list of things I passed on to my off-spring. Gotta love a ginger!

Eden is almost done with 5th grade and, sadly for us, will be leaving for the summer soon. It's going to be so weird...and too quiet...without her here. Jax isn't going to know what to do. He does whatever she tells him to and is always asking for "sissy." I know she misses the other part of her family but I'm allowed to be selfish in wishing she didn't have to be gone for so long. We've gotten really close and I hate all the crap she's had to go through but I love that we can talk. I'm really going to miss the "Nite, Miss Ali! I love you!" I get every night. Plus, she's trying to teach me how to burp like a Bennett. Jury's still out. Jaxon can burp louder than I can.

Jamie turned 31 yesterday. He turned a very hot 31. I love that I have a crush on my husband. He's yummy and awesome and let's me push on his butt chin when I want him to smile on demand. We had cupcakes last night - the kids did not complain about that - but we celebrated a couple weekends back with a trip to Atlanta. I had to center it around Volbeat coming to town. And I added on a skydiving trip for him too. I think I did pretty good for the first birthday. Need to start planning/plotting for next year so I can out-do myself. He says it's not possible. Challenge accepted :)

There's a ton of other stuff to write about but it's 9:15 on a Friday night and I'm about to go to bed!! Don't hate. I lead a hard core lifestyle. Not many can keep up lol.

Until next time...and I'll try not to make it so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment