So, yeah, I stole the title of this post from one of my new favorite songs. I'll give the dude credit. Andrew Peterson, I like your stuff. His song is about marriage and faith, but I think the premise of the title is enough to store in the "words to live by" file for all of us. I'd say it goes hand in hand with the likes of "Keep your promises" and "If you want a rainbow, you have to live through the rain" Of course what constitutes rain or mines for you may differ from what freaks me the heck out, but either way, bottom line... life can get stressful.
I'm trying to get better at my managing my stress. The status quo - bottle it all up til I explode - yeah, doesn't really work well. So like I said, I'm working on it. Our fam stays pretty busy. All the time. School just started back, I'm making some pretty big life changes as far as school/career are concerned, BNCOC starting soon for the hubs, finalizing plans for next weekend, and my life long goal...remaining as far away from unnecessary drama as possible. I just don't know how people do it. Isn't life filled with enough drama without creating some more?! I've always thought so! But, to each his own. And this "own" chooses a path filled with as little high-school as possible.
I love my husband. Random, I know, but it hits me like that a few times a day lol. He's not one to get all emotional and mushy, but this is my blog and I do so I can write what I want. I love that he's honest. Hard working. Funny. Protective. Playful. And about a bajillion other things that make me smile. Disagreements never last long. I miss him minutes after he's left. I have a great big crush on him. And the coolest part...I get to keep him. He makes my life better just by being a part of it. He makes me want to be a better person - a stronger person. But if I had to pick one thing, just one, that always stays with me, hands down it is the way he looks when we all play Dance Central lol :)
My minefields are many...and then so few. I get stressed out by school, responsibilities, life, but who doesn't?! I have a warm bed to sleep in, a family that I love, (finally) a clean bill of health, a partner who takes my breath away with a simple glance, and a faith in which I continue to find more and more strength and comfort. I need to remind myself to focus more on the dancing and less on the minefields. Because the things and people that make me dance - well, let's just say I think they are absolutely fantastic.
Posts to catch up on our holiday travels are coming soon...hopefully :)
Until next time...
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment