The lack of posts is a direct reflection of how insanely busy my life has been the last few months. The last post - a flashback to the WORST night of my life - seems like it was so long ago. Most know that I accepted a SPED teaching job with Barrow County and that Jax and I are staying with Mom and Dad while Jamie is overseas. In regards to other areas of our life, here ya go:
- Jax had his tonsils removed. Poor guy had the windpipe of a coffee stir stick. Well, the recovery and pain that came afterwards were horrible for him. Talk about feeling useless. The medicine he had to take (liquid Lortab) gave him nightmares that even I couldn't imagine. He's doing much better now and will be all ready to go back to school after my Fall Break.
- I've been going 90 to nothing at school. Averaging about 12-13 hours a day...I still feel like I am not ready for the first day of school. I put everything I have into my job and my kids. I work with Pre-K through 2nd grade kiddos and they each have their own special way of melting my heart. I LOVE the people I work with and really feel blessed to share my kids with them. Our days are stressful, busy, and most likely causing ulcers and/or emotional breakdowns, but I have yet to wake up and not want to go to work and see my kids. While I wish I could put Jax in my pocket and take him with me, I know I am doing what I am meant to do.
- I am still waiting on a "Countdown to His Return" date, but no such luck yet. Troops are being involuntarily extended all over the place and knowing our luck, he will most likely be one of them. He has a lot of options up in the air, so I have clue what 2013 will bring for the Bennett Bunch, I just want to be wherever he is...or at least in within driving distance or a flight that's not $2K. We have made it past the half-way point if his year is really only a year. But, like I said, that remains to be seen. Such is life in...and married to...the Army. I just miss my husband. A lot.
- A seester with a fetus. Ash finally looks preggers and little Dylan is in the home stretch. He will be here before Christmas!! Ashley, of course, thinks she can use her "I have control over every aspect of my life" to will him to come by a certain time. I'm looking forward to seeing a tiny human boss her around lol.
There has been a lot more that Little Bear and I have gone through since our last post, but I have to get back to work - I may be on Fall Break, but that work seemed to jump in my car on the last day. Sneaky junk.
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment