...let me count the ways
* Jaxon - you are my greatest accomplishment. Of all the things I have done wrong in my life, you were...and are...by far the best thing I have ever done. We've been through quite the journey in your two short years and while I am grateful that time will erase the scars that you've had to endure, I would not take back one second of the pain that I went through, because without that, I would not have you. I wouldn't trade you for all the stars in the sky or for all the money in the world. Being your mom is what I was meant to do with my life. Kissing your boo-boo's, chasing you around the house, screaming contests, and making funny faces just to hear that perfect giggle are things I cherish and do with pride. You've inherited my "fire" and for that I will go ahead and apologize to all that cross your path, but you, my son, are my heart and my reason for living. There are so many things that I want for you in this world, but most of all, I just want you to live and love and enjoy all the things that come your way. You will fall down, but if there is one thing I teach you, it is the strength and growth that comes from getting back up. I love you, Monster, and nothing you could every do or be could ever change that.
* Jamie - you breathed new life into a soul that had all but given up on finding a "happily ever after" that included a man in my life. Just when I wasn't looking...or wanting anything...there you were. It's always a joke to say that "at first sight" I knew, but it's not a joke with us. I saw "us" in your eyes the first time I met you. We've already had our share of drama, upset, and obstacles, but you know what? They've each made us stronger and I don't ever want to live a day not being Mrs. Jamie Bennett. I am so proud of who you are, of what you are, and of what you stand for. You put up with me when I'm sure you wish you didn't have to and you love me when I'm at my worst. You give me the strength the believe in myself and not fear things the way I used to. I love your laugh, your smile, the way you make fun of my so-called accent. I love the smell of your pillow when I wake up after you leave at night. I love that you are such an amazing father to my son. Watching you two means more to me than I can ever describe and it fills my heart with such hope for his future. For our future.
* Eden - After my last experience with step-kids, I was scared to get close to you. Scared I would be used, manipulated, or worse. Truth is...I have fallen in love with you and love you as if you were my own. It feels like you are. Like I've always told you, you have a mom and dad who love you dearly - now you just have one extra semi-parent that loves you just the same. You are such a special girl with the biggest heart in the world. Your compassion and caring for others - even at your own expense - is something so rare in kids today. You make me proud and while I miss you when you are gone, I hope you know that you are always in my mind, in my heart, and in my prayers. It is an honor being your step-mom and I can't wait to be apart of all the things you will get to experience as you grow older.
There will be another post on others that I love soon. I thought the first one should be dedicated to my own little family. I love this life. I love our life. Through the ups and downs and the stress life seems to constantly throw at our feet, I love knowing that at the end of the day, I am truly happy with where I am in my life and actually excited about the things to come. No material possession or amount of money could replace these special people or make me happier than I already am - you can base your sense of success and happiness on what's in your bank account or how big your house is - but I know what true value means. And I can thank my parents for that. Give ya one guess on who the next post will be about... :)
Until then...
Lace Up Those Sneakers
9 years ago


Thanks for making me cry!!! God I am SO HAPPY you have finally found the happiness you deserve. You are such an amazingly strong soul that has gone through so much. If Jamie is half as good as you make him out to be, I know you will be happy forever! You are an awesome mother and Jaxon is precious. Eden is a doll and I know you feel so blessed to have your family. I love you and miss you terribly. Know Nik is looking down on you with great big smiles.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Mich